candids of Aubrey playing basketball with her team The Pistol Shrimps
SNL FACTS (Chris Pratt Edition)
- This will be the 767th overall episode. The 40th season premiere.
- This will be Chris’ first time as host
- This is Lorne Michael’s 35th season he has been executive producer
- This will be the first season since season 7 (1981-82) where Don Pardo will not be the announcer due to his passing this summer.
- September 27th is also the same date that Chris’ wife, Anna Faris, hosted the show back during season 34 (2008-09)
- Casting changes happened during the summer. After 5 seasons, veteran Nasim Pedrad left the show to join former SNL writer John Mulaney on his upcoming Fox sitcom “Mulaney”, while featured players John Milhiser, Brooks Wheelan, and Noel Wells were all released.
- Nick Rutherford has now been hired on as a writer. All members of “Good Neighbor” are now working on the show. Other writers who have been hired are Natasha Rothwell, Streeter Seidell, Alison Rich, and Jeremy Beiler.
- Cecily Strong will step down from weekend update to be replaced by returning writer and now cast member Michael Che (He briefly left the show to go work on The Daily Show).
- Stand-up comedian Pete Davidson will be joining the cast this season. He is currently 20 years old. He will be the first cast member in SNL history to have been born in the 1990s (He was born on November 16, 1993).
- Mike O’Brien will be leaving the cast to go back to being a writer. A similar situation that happened last year with Tim Robinson.
- Michael Che will become the first ever African American to be an update anchor. With him joining Colin Jost, they will form the first ever all male update team. The only other same gender update team in SNL history happened 10 years ago when Amy Poehler replaced a departing Jimmy Fallon. Her and Tina Fey formed the first ever all woman WU team.
- With Michael Che joining the cast, we now have 4 African American cast members on the show, the most ever in one cast.
- With Nasim Pedrad leaving the show, she was the final female cast member hired in the 2000s. Other cast members left that were hired in the 2000s are Kenan Thompson (2003) and Bobby Moynihan (2008).
- Darrell Hammond will be taking over as the new announcer on the show. He will be the 4th announcer in SNL history (Mel Brandt announced in season 7 with Bill Hanrahan briefly taking over during the same season).
- With him back on the show after leaving the cast at the conclusion of the 2008 season, Darrell will now return for his 15th season and his first as an announcer.
- This show now has 14 cast members, the lowest amount since the 2012 season. That means that outside of Weekend Update, only 13 cast members will make appearances in sketches and depending on Michael Che’s situation (not sure if he’ll only appear on update only or if he’ll do sketches too), we can have about 12 cast members do sketches. Colin only appears on Weekend Update.
- Chris Pratt is the 3rd cast member from the NBC sitcom “Parks & Recreation” to host the show. The others are Amy Poehler (Season 36), and Rob Lowe who hosted 3 times (seasons 15, 22, and 26.). Rob left the show last season. All 3 have one thing in common. They have all hosted a season premiere episode. Rob Lowe was host of the season premiere for Season 26.
- Chris starred in the summer blockbuster superhero film “Guardians of the Galaxy”. His co-star Bradley Cooper (He did the voice of Rocket) also hosted SNL in the very same season that Chris’ wife Anna hosted, Season 34.
- This will be Ariana Grande’s first time as musical guest.
Charles Bukowski (via bittersweetsongs)
Wow bukowski so profound do you also bathe fully clothed you dickhead. “Oohh isn’t it funny that a person will eat when they’re hungry but will duck if you throw an apple at their face”
Susan B. Anthony:
“What words can express her [the white woman’s] humiliation when, at the close of this long conflict, the government which she had served so faithfully held her unworthy of a voice in its councils, while it recognized as the political superiors of all the noble women of the nation the negro men just emerged from slavery, and not only totally illiterate, but also densely ignorant of every public question.”
Elizabeth Cady Stanton:
“What will we and our daughters suffer if these degraded black men are allowed to have the rights that would make them even worse than our Saxon fathers?”
More Elizabeth Cady Stanton:
“American women of wealth, education, virtue and refinement, if you do not wish the lower orders of Chinese, Africans, Germans and Irish, with their low ideas of womanhood, to make laws for you and your daughters … awake to the danger of your present position and demand that woman, too, shall be represented in the government!”
“The enfranchisement of women would insure immediate and durable white supremacy, honestly attained, for upon unquestioned authority it is stated that in every southern State but one there are more educated women than all the illiterate voters, white and black, native and foreign, combined. As you probably know, of all the women in the South who can read and write, ten out of every eleven are white. When it comes to the proportion of property between the races, that of the white outweighs that of the black immeasurably.”
Anna Howard Shaw:
“You have put the ballot in the hands of your black men, thus making them political superiors of white women. Never before in the history of the world have men made former slaves the political masters of their former mistresses!”
“The white men, reinforced by the educated white women, could ‘snow under’ the Negro vote in every State, and the white race would maintain its supremacy without corrupting or intimidating the Negroes.”
“Alien illiterates rule our cities today; the saloon is their palace, and the toddy stick their scepter. The colored race multiplies like the locusts of Egypt.”
Carrie Chapman Catt:
“White supremacy will be strengthened, not weakened, by women’s suffrage.”
Rebecca Ann Latimer Felton:
“I do not want to see a negro man walk to the polls and vote on who should handle my tax money, while I myself cannot vote at all…When there is not enough religion in the pulpit to organize a crusade against sin; nor justice in the court house to promptly punish crime; nor manhood enough in the nation to put a sheltering arm about innocence and virtue—-if it needs lynching to protect woman’s dearest possession from the ravening human beasts—-then I say lynch, a thousand times a week if necessary.”
So please spare me with your ahistorical bullshit.